Incident Management Process | Five to Nine
This process establishes standard tools and processes for incident management for Five to Nine, Inc.
PURPOSE: Process for managing incidents.
All Incidents are reported through the approved Incident management software. This process focuses on reporting and resolving Incidents reported through the approved Incident management software.
SCOPE: The Incident Management process applies to all Five to Nine employees, contracted vendors, and organizations who report incidents through our incident management software or via email at email@example.com. It ensures Incidents are managed in a uniform and predictable manner. The incident management process includes:
● Recording Incidents
● Assigning, managing, and resolving Incidents
● Communicating Incidents
PROCESS DESCRIPTION: We have created our incident management process to restore services as quickly as possible.
Log and maintain a record of the incident through the incident management software.
Assigning, Managing, and Resolving Incidents
The sections outlined below provide a high-level overview of the incident management process.
- Incident prioritization and categorization: Based on the priority, incidents can be categorized as:
- P0: Critical
- P1: High
- P2: Medium
- P3: Low
- Incident escalation: After incident is prioritized, the service desk determines if it can be resolved by the service desk or whether it needs to be escalated to a relevant technical expert. After necessary assignments of the incident are complete, incident is communicated to the relevant users impacted by the incident.
- Incident resolution and recovery: Persons assigned to incident apply resolution and notifies users of the resolution. 4 hours at max to resolve everything properly including testing.
- Incident closure: Persons assigned to incident confirm resolution with the originator and completes the incident.
Communicating Incidents Incident communication is managed through the following channels:
Dedicated status page:
We have a specific status page showing the most up-to-date status of our platform
and communicates the correct course of action to affected parties.
We will notify all of our users regarding the particular situation within 4 hours of
reporting of the incident. In the case of any downtime, we will inform our users earlier
by properly scheduling the deployment.
We will communicate via Slack with our in-house team members to investigate
For P0: Critical incident the process is as follows:
A P0: Critical incident has a significant impact or urgency for the business and demands a response beyond the routine incident management process. An incident can be declared P0: Critical if it affects business-critical functionalities of the platform and creates any data security concerns.
The process is as follows:
- The service desk identifies the business impact and the support teams required for resolution.
- When the incident is opened, the tool notifies Head of Engineering of Incident
- After determining the severity of the incident, communication is made to the business and affected parties including the client
- The process continues through Resolution and Recovery.
Roles and responsibilities
- Our DevOps team will work to redirect customer traffic to our dedicated status page to ensure proper notice there
- The back-end team will investigate and fix the situation as soon as possible.
- The account team will notify users via email and will share the content with affected parties.